James 1:27

James 1:27

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

In Jinja


We have made it safely to Jinja. Trip was a little more lively than the trip north after our plane rides to get here.

We saw Jody safely off to South Sudan. He will visit with a missionary couple our church supports to see the work they are doing and join us on Thursday evening for the remainder of our mission. Please pray for him to have a safe journey.

Team continues to get along and having a blast serving together.

Tonight as we headed to dinner Sarah, Katherine, Mike, Jonathan and I took a boda boda (motorcycle) to the restaurant. I love traveling in Jinja this way! Sarah and Katherine had a blast!

Tomorrow we head out to the school at Kikubo to set up day 1 or 2 medical clinics. I will get to see Viola and Reagan, our sponsor children.  I cannot wait to see them!

Please be in prayer for us. The area we will be serving in has a heavy Muslim influence.  We need your covering to be the hands and feet of Christ and serve in such a way that Jesus can be seen. We do not wish to be tripped by any snares of Satan.  Everyone is tired from the travel today. We are halfway done with our trip and need to be filled with strength, power and grace to keep moving forward.

I am off to bed. It is so good to be back in Jinja with my brother Edward. This is like my second home!
Thank you for your prayers.

Chris

No comments: