James 1:27

James 1:27

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Comments from Chris about Clinics in Kikubo


Yesterday, started out with Mike, Katherine, and I - with Edward meeting the Residential District Commissioner named Richard. He is the President’s representative for Jinja district and reports straight to the President. I had the opportunity to pray for him; that was a blessing. I prayed for him to be the leader for his people that God calls him to be. I struggle having to make the political calls sometimes, but that is my pride. I realize that they grant us permission to set up in their area and want to be thankful for that.  It was good. He was very open to being prayed for and for our coming. Second time I have been in a meeting with such a high powered politician. Still feels strange. How did I get here?

You saw Kysia's post that yesterday was difficult. It was a challenge, but it was a blessing as well. We supported our hosts and we were able to simply love people. At times I get overwhelmed with the needs and how little is seems our medical clinic helps. The wounds and sicknesses we see that people live with breaks my heart. I am reminded of two things:

Firstly, we are not called to solve every issue in Jinja district of Uganda. We are to do our part and bring grace and love. Our presence, a hand shake or hug, and trying to speak their language validates them. It says, “We love you and God loves you.” We do nothing. God does everything. My favorite Catholic nun quote… "If you cannot feed 100 then feed just one". (Mother Theresa)

Secondly, I am reminded that even Jesus did not heal every person he met of a physical ailment. However, everyone in his presence was blessed and loved; plus, they knew Christ cared and loved them. We are here to be the hands and feet of Christ, to bless and love through Christ- to care.

I love this place. It is hard sometimes.  I think, God uses it to break my heart for the things that break his. We are off to serve! I cannot wait to get to the school today!

Pray extra today for the team. There will be more people today. The team is built of true soldiers for The Lord. I love their hearts of service and love!
Chris

No comments: