James 1:27

James 1:27

Sunday, June 20, 2010




This morning we attended Kikubo church in Mayuge. This was the first service of this new church for CYORF and they meet at the school.

We sang and danced and worshiped! I love Ugandan church! I had a chance to share and Jody brought the sermon. We commissioned the pastor of this church and prayed for him. Many people began their faith journey today!

It was a wonderful time again. The children were out in full force again. My heart just opens up when I am among these wonderful people. I was able to see a couple of my little angels again. Erina and Florence were there this morning. I also met Kasavu who was a 16 years old that sang a song in church with Florence. She was another beautiful young lady who worshiped with such passion and joy!

Edward also shared a message and he really got after it! It was awesome to see he passion and heart come out to minister to the people. He is a good man, my brother, my friend. I miss his company.

We drove to Kampala and again had stick meat and chappati on a roadside drive thru! The vendors rush the bus and try and get you to buy from them. It is a wild experience. Love stick meat!

We spent some time in Kampala. Tim and Genessa got to see their sponsored child. What a great experience so thank you for the prayers.

I must say that my time with Jonah has been incredible. Kysia and I knew he was ready for this trip, but we had no idea how ready. On this trip I saw him engage and jump right in and share his faith and love. I told him how proud his mom and I were of him. On this trip he has matured and developed. No longer is my son a boy. Today, on Father's Day, I told him I will now call him a young man.

Also, as the team arrives home and begins to process and decompress please be patient with us if we have trouble talking and explaining the trip. It will come, but will take time. We experienced so much. Our hearts were broken. But our hearts are so full of blessing and love. Every time I have come home it is hard to go back to normal, because I love this place and these people. God has loved them through us. I can only adequately describe my time here in stories and people. I will remember and tell you about Sandy, Erina, Florance, Stella, Steven, Solomon, Violet, Kasavu, Massey, and Patrick. These are my stories from Uganda.

We are waiting to check in and go through customs. This moment is bittersweet. While I cannot wait to see my wife and daughter, but my heart hates to leave. I always leave a piece of myself here when our time is done. This trip is no different. The next few hours will see me cry. I miss my brothers and sisters and angels already. It will take some time, again, to process. Good bye Uganda. My heart beeps for you.

America. Here we come. We have missed you and long to see you all again. We cannot wait to see our family and friends!

The journey home has begun...

Thank you all for your prayers and support. We could not have done it without you!

CRT

No comments: