James 1:27

James 1:27

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Good morning.

Today is starting out beautiful again here in Jinja. I hear birds chirping outside my hotel and the sunrise over lake Victoria is always stunning.

Today is Sunday and this morning we get to go experience one of my favorite things about
Uganda. Worship!!

To be at His Mercy Church, to sing, dance and clap in the worship our of Lord with our
Uganda brothers and sisters is what I think heaven looks like. Old and young, black and white, Ugandan and Muzungu all joined in giving glory and honor to the God who created us all in His image. Worship here is something to be experienced and I love it! (I attend my church's traditional service and this is a really different experience!)

I also cannot wait to see the church again. To have been there when it was a simple wooden structure under a tree to now as a full brick building with running water and electricity. I am honored to worship there. I will be sharing a word (Psalm 92:1-4... Thank you Kysia!), Susan is giving her testimony, and Tim is preaching! I am so excited for him to share the word. Tim and Genessa are amazing. I have loved to get to know them and see their hearts for kids and for just loving people. I am honored to call them my friends!

After worship we will head back to Mayuge and show the film The Passion of the Christ at the school. Films are a big deal here as they do not get to see them often in the villages. I imagine word will spread and the school will be packed!

Well it is off to breakfast. We all need a good breakfast to last so we can sing and dance and worship for a while. Church starts before we get there and will be going on long after we leave! In America
we think church is to long if it goes over an hour. In Africa they are going for a good 3 hours and maybe more! Like I said it is an experience everyone should encounter!

God bless you.

Talk to you tonight after the days events!

Peace,
CRT

1 comment:

Jay said...

Chris,
Thanks for letting us be a part of your trip with these blog updates. Sounds like you guys are having a great time (especially Jonah!). Know that you're in our prayers as you continue to minister to the wonderful people of Uganda!
Jay