James 1:27

James 1:27

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Good Morning from Uganda!!!

We today is a different type of day for the team. We will be split up in the morning as most go visit the World Vision Children of War Rehab Center. This is a holy place. It is the place I first heard about Uganda’s troubles and touched my heart to where I had to come and see. There are no children there due to the LRA are in Sudan, Congo, and CAR, but they are still helping in the villages and ready to help should more kids come. To stand in the spot I saw in a magazine always gives me chills. Part of the team will also visit the office of Not For Sale, a group fighting human trafficking like child soldiers, forced labor, and sex slaves. I was looking forward to seeing them as this is such a huge issue and I want to learn more. Slavery was not abolished in the Civil War even in America. Slavery of all kinds is alive today. It is horrible.

Jonah and I will go to meet his sponsored child, William Okello, at 9am. We are very excited to spend time with him in person. Jonah has been writing letter to him the past 3 years. It is going to be a great time. Mike will also go to visit his god son who lives in Gulu. A full morning.

In the afternoon the team will get back together and head to Koch Chorom. Not sure what we will be doing exactly, but we will working with the villages pastors.

The team is tired but in great spirits. We miss home but love being here. Please continue to pray for us, for strength and grace. It has been an amazing time again.

I will update tonight about the day. Sleep tight America!!

God bless you
CRT

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the update. Spending time with Mark at the World Vision Rehab Center is something I will never forget. Praying for you guys.