James 1:27

James 1:27

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

6/2/15 Take Off Day

6/2/15

Good afternoon. I am sitting on a plane having just taken off from the US and headed to Amsterdam. The time is here. Another trip to Uganda to serve with the local church in ministry. This is my 9th trip. That seems crazy to think about. I had no idea what God was getting me into in 2007 and now I am leading the team! God truly does use the foolish things in the world.

Here we go again. To serve.  And love.  And share.  And laugh.  And cry.  And worship. And enjoy. And fellowship. And laugh some more.  My hope and prayer is God to use this team to be His hands and feet. That we will be flexible to go where the road changes from our agenda. That we will draw closest to Him in or own faith journey. And that I will be a good leader. I invite you to join me in that prayer.

Team is doing well. I am successful as a leader; so far, no one has been lost yet and everyone made the flight! Seriously the team has bonded already. Everyone already gets along and there have been many laughs and encouragement. It is going to be a fun team and I am honored to serve with them.

I want to thank you for your prayers while we are away. We feel them and they are needed as the enemy throws distractions and road blocks our way. One of the team members shared as we were waiting for the first flight that they are glad to have some struggles preparing for the trip and while we are here. This shows us we are where we should be because the enemy wants to throw us off. So keep praying.

I would ask you pray for our families back home, as well. The hardest thing for me is leaving my family. We know this is what God called me to do, but it does not make being apart any easier. Pray for our families to be safe, cared for and checked on. They need prayer as well.

Remember the distractions and road blocks I mentioned? Well let me say the trip started off with the team needing to get three extra bags checked (we each get two free). The last few years we paid $50 per extra bag over the two. This year they said it was $200 a bag. First thing- a distraction; and a distraction that had me irritated. But I prayed and God answered. We has a friend at the airline. She and her husband are actually moving to Uganda just outside of Gulu to live and serve her children. I heard she was coming to the airline counter so, I may have dragged my feet moving us along. Thankfully, she  came; seeing me, she said, “hello” and gave me a hug. She said she only works one day a month as they preparing to leave the states. Today was her day. She actually was supposed to work the gate not check in but decided to swing by first to see what was happening for the day. When she heard of the bag fee she left, talked to her boss and guess what God did? All extra bag fees waived! Think of it! Our friend who is in the process of leaving for Uganda full time works one day a month and it is the day we are leaving. She wasn’t even supposed to be at check in, but shows up and then goes and does what she can to help us out. Think God heard our prayers? Yeah we do as well. Keep praying. The team will be praing for you, as well.

Thank you for your support and for following our adventure via the blog.
God is good all the time. Every day and in every way.

I am off to watch a movie. I only have what... 7 more hours to go till Amsterdam!

God bless
Chris

No comments: