James 1:27

James 1:27

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Morning after arrival


This morning we woke to the sound of a gentle rain and rolling thunder. At first I thought I was back home except for the mosquito net hanging above me. Kariel (my daughter) and I had trouble sleeping last night. Maybe from exhaustion or maybe from excitement. Probably both.

Last night at the airport, it was a delight see my brother Edward waiting for us, his wife Julie, along with Sam Mdune and Rev David. Dear friends and family, it was like leaving home to arrive home. The team's excitement was evident. Everyone is ready to jump in and experience the culture while loving people with the love of Christ.

I am blessed this morning. I am among friends and family. as well; ready to embark on a journey my with daughter. I have been blessed to serve here with my son and wife.  Each time is special. This year will be no different.  My girl is ready to go!

Today’s plan:  We will eat breakfast, spend time in scripture and then set out for the 8 hour country side tour to Gulu in the North. It will be another long day, but the view will be much more beautiful. We as a team will get to know each other a little more. We will form new friendships. We will encourage each other. We will learn people's stories and their faith journey. We met the remaining members of our team yesterday... Ashley met us in Amsterdam, then Julia and Naomi  met us in Entebbe. The team is complete.

Here we go. Use us, God, as your hands and feet to share the good news of your love and salvation.

Peace my friends.
Chris



No comments: