James 1:27

James 1:27

Saturday, June 14, 2014

"Come to me all you who are burdened and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28


I want to start by asking for continued prayer for our team member, Matt, who has encountered a rough bout of food poisoning.  Today he has experienced the Ugandan hospital and received excellent care from a wonderful man who assists us when we are in Uganda, named Dr. Moses.  Matt has meds and is resting.  But prayers for comfortable and safe travel are needed.
Today was a low key day. A time for the team to relax and enjoy what Jinja has to offer. A group went rafting on the Nile. I have not had a chance to talk to them. I am certain they had a blast!
The rest of us spent the day in Jinja. A place I feel very comfortable. Like a second home.

Kariel and I started the day at Ekisa for an hour. I wanted her to have a little more time with the children. It was a free day of the kids so we pushed them on the swing. We walked about the grounds. We loved and laughed. There is a young man, Mwarro (sp?), who is not a small or young guy. He runs up and jumps in your arms for cuddles. No matter how big or small you are!  He welcomed Kariel as soon as we got there! He is always up and then down and off. And then back in your arms! We got to spend time with Grace, Issac, Paul, Rachal, and James. An hour was not enough for her, but it filled her heart once again. Special place. Special work. God's love is present.

From there we began our time with the film crew. I have not mentioned yet that a film crew has been with us this trip. They are here to film footage of the work in the North and South our church is involved. They are going to document the Uganda Project in three short films.... how God connected Edward and I... A personal transformation story.... And a community transformation story.... I have no idea how they will take all the footage they have and turn it into 3 films of 3 to 4 minutes each. I am very excited about the end product though! We have been wondering how we can better show what all God is doing and this is going to be incredible. Bobby and Brian are great men of faith and they have jumped right in with us. They have been a part of the team. Brian took Kariel and I to Ekisa this morning on his own time. They are excellent at what they do and they have been a blessing to our team.

I will say I never knew how how difficult being interviewed can be. Especially when you are asked to keep your answers brief. Brevity is not a talent I have when discussing or telling a story! Edward ad I got to share our perspective of our friendship. It was great.

They walked around town with us and Edward's wife Julie. We just talked and shared and spent time with each other. It was really a great day.

We did end up driving up Bugembe Hill. This is owned by the local tribal chief and overlooks the entire town of Jinja. The view was incredible! You cold see all the way from Lake Victoria to the other side of Jinja. The whole city. I got a chance to stop and say a prayer over this area I love  so much. The pictures do not do it justice.

I am excited to see the end product. I am grateful that God connected us with the film crew. The story He is writing needs to be told and shared. God gets all the glory!

We ended up with a small group of us going to the crusade again. The gospel singer was there again and at the last song the crowd brought Jody, Benson and I up front and tied sashes around our waist and we danced. And danced. And shook our hips. We had Edward ad Julie join us. Ladies and men, and children all down front dancing in worship. It was incredible. Ugandans and Americans all one family of faith worshipping God together. Beautiful.

This will be the last blog post for a few days. Tomorrow our schedule is this.... We get to church with Edward at His Mercy Church. Then the team will visit three different houses we have helped build and bless the home  by presenting to the families framed family portraits as a house warming gift. Then the team will begin the drive to Entebbe and the airport. We will stop at the National Theatre Mall to shop in Kampala. Then onto the airport to begin the long flight home. Uganda to Amsterdam. Amsterdam to Minneapolis. Minneapolis to Arkansas and  Pennsylvania. Wifi access will be scarce after we leave the hotel. So please, pray for our travels and for our final time in Uganda to continue to be a blessing. It has been a great trip. God has done marvelous things through the team. We are thankful for our time here. It has been blessed full of love and grace.

It will be bittersweet to leave. I love it here, but my home is in Arkansas. I cannot wait to see my wife and son! But I will shed a tear as the plane takes off from Entebbe. I will not say goodbye to Uganda. I can never do that. I will say till we meet again God willing.

See you soon dear family and friends.
Thank you for your prayers and support.
Peace and blessings.
Chris

No comments: