James 1:27

James 1:27

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Uganda is as beautiful as I remember it...

Good morning! The team is up and has had breakfast and we are about to meet before embarking to Kampala and then to Gulu. I pave to see the wonder and excitement on the faces of those who are here for the first time. I remember those feelings. I also look out of the hotel and see a country I love. The natural beauty of southern Uganda with the greenery and Lake Victoria is just incredible. I also see the poverty and that breaks my heart, but I have seen and experienced Hope and Grace that comes from God. I love this place and my friends and family here. Pray for the team as we travel by bus to Gulu in the North. It is long and rough, but talk about seeing the country! Peace to you all, Chris

2 comments:

Diane Collins said...

Dear Chris and team,
Oh do i remember the bus ride! But the fellowship and love of the body of Christ that surrounds each of you give you the strength you need to endure.
Praying for you all. Knowing the Lord who promised is faithful.
Chris, thank you so much for keeping us updated.
We appreciate you so!
Love to all
Diane

Chris Thornton said...

Thanks Diane for the prayers. You know we need them! E bus ride this year was not as bad, but still rough! It is my honor to post updates!