James 1:27

James 1:27

Monday, June 18, 2012

Recap of Saturday and Sunday

I apologize for the delay in posting updates. The wifi at the hotel in Jinja went out Friday night and never did work again. We have had a great end to our trip. Here is a recap.... Saturday was a recreation day. Mike, Jody, Melissa, Traci, and Samantha went to see the Sipi Falls and the pics are beautiful. Another natural treasure of this wonderful country. Dottie, Richard, and Susan spent the day roaming around Jinja. Keith, Jacqueline, Audrey, Morgan, Gary, Tamara, Charles, Kysia and Chris all went rafting the Nile. I must say we dominated that river! The rapids are different then in 2009 due to new dam, but it was still amazing. Our raft and guide, Tutu, did great on every rapid until... The Bad Place. We tried to do the 50/50 line for flipping, we did not hit it and everyone but Charles, Tutu, and I were swept out of the raft. As Tutu and I were scanning for our crew and i heard Tutu say he saw them in the water we came upon another rapid and it flipped the three of us out! Needless to say it was scary and awesome! We got to swim large stretches of he river and even got to float through some small rapids out of the raft. It was a great time. We even fought off the hippos and crocs! On Sunday we went to church at His Mercy church in Buwenda with Pastor Edward. Love African church. Loud music, dancing, clapping, singing. It is full of passion! Tamara and Keith shared their testimony and Jody preached and it was a great worship time with our brothers and sisters in Uganda! We then traveled to Kampala and stopped at a church TrCi has been working with. The members were refugees from Rwanda and it was amazing. The choir was incredible. Like nothing I have heard before. Beautiful. We all wished we could have stayed longer with them. We then headed to Entebbe and flew to Amsterdam where we are now waiting to bead to Atlanta. The trip has been hard and blessed. We all are still trying to process and it will take some time. Every year I head home I am ready, but i Leave a small piece of my heart in Uganda. I love Pastor Edward and our friends like family. My heart is heavy as I head home. My home is in the U.S., but I love my Ugandan family. Every team member has incredible stories to tell and amazing people to introduce you to. Kysia and I cannot wait to see our kids. We have served together and grown closer to each other and to the Lord. I shed soe tears as I leave, but they are tears if joy and blessing. This is not good bye Uganda. This is see you next time. Thank you all for your prayers and support. We experienced some darkness and could not have made it without your prayer covering. We also go to see God in His various distressing disguises. We love you all, Chris and Kysia

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sincerely hope “The Bad Place” doesn’t exist on your flights home like it did while rafting down the Nile! Enjoy sleeping in your own beds tonight & seeing family and friends.

billT